Tuesday 14 January 2014

Winter Finns!

It was my 30th birthday after Christmas this year, and much to my surprise, I was greeted by this box that morning. My girlfriend had heard me mumble something about maybe wanting a Winter War Finn army several months ago, and took it upon herself to get it for me. Result.
 




She spent considerable time with my copy of Rising Sun, working out what to get, and what the points value would be

All the infantry assembled. I was instructed to put these together ASAP

Liz looking pleased with the present she got for me

Everything undercoated

There are a couple of items I am still waiting for, notably the winter artillery crew, but should they arrive in time, this might be a good force to get ready for EW Sturm Uber?


There was also a book on the Winter War, called 'The White Death', which I am currently reading to get into the mood to paint them. Its truly amazing how they held out for so long and got a peace treaty out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment