Saturday 25 January 2014

D Day 70th anniversary looms - what list will YOU do?

With the 70th anniversary of the D Day landings looming, and a Flames Of War late period themed event run by the reluctant Conscripts also planned, its time to wonder what army to do to remember this amazing feat of military planning and engineering, and all the lives lost and saved as a result.

I already own a Wehrmacht 352nd Infantry division force. This is based on the units just inland from the invasion itself, and is quite tasty to use with 8 Marder IIIM's, 150mm artillery and 3 full platoons of MG wielding Confident Vet troops, amongst much more.

I also own the core of a British Para army, painted by Ian Mann, another cracking force to play with.

I've had the idea floating in my head that i'd do a fortified company however. These companies can be very unwieldy in the game, and the current list structures are hard to make competitive in my personal opinion. You can field a viable army based on the brittany lists than only requires 1 fortified platoon, and can have nice additions to it. This may well be a 'good' tournanment list, but misses what i'm looking for.

So I think i'll do a 2 platoon fortified list, based on the 343 brittany festungs company. 2 fortified platoons with a full odds and sods to fill out the points allowances. It will not be able to attack in any real form, but then its not supposed to! I'll make it as its supposed to be, a defensive beast, and will shrug my shoulders should I have to attack at all.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment