Wednesday 4 December 2013

Premium Building Subscription

2pm today the first three premium subscription buildings arrived in the UK warehouse, and at 4pm I had them in my hands to take home with me, so I'm going to have a look inside the boxes.





Picked this up whilst I was there too, been waiting for this since it came to the BF UK HQ gaming club as a preview copy a couple of months ago

Got this there too. Talking to the BF guys, they think I am the first person in the world to get the premium buildings. They know I am the first person in Europe (who didn't go to Essen) to purchase a copy of Firefly.

The first of the three boxes is the Terraced House

Really well packaged, as were the other two, very reassuring

All of the parts laid out, ground floor, first floor, roof and lean to

The paint job here is up to the usual standard


Don't know if it is intentional, but there is a slight curve to the top of the ground floor. Doesn't affect the looks, but means there is a slight rock to the top floor

Corner shop is in a slightly bigger building again

And well packaged again

Paint job on this one was very disappointing. The walls are terrible, the rest of it is fine, but it just seems the paint is too watered down. I suspect I will just paint another coat over the top, as the building itself is excellent.

All three floors again

Rear view

Side view

The biggest box of them all, the Bastogne Church, and the longest awaited

Back of the box

Contents once again well packaged and protected

Paint job is better on this than the pictures sent out by John-Paul, and the Corner Shop

All three parts

The silver paint on the roof is a bit patchy

But the rest of it looks alright

4 comments:

  1. Sweet, wish i had gone for the subscription now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very disappointing paint job. Given the time between the ad and the actual release, I find that unacceptable, especially considering the price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have a review. Looking forward to mine arriving (will review on 50mmgameroom.blogspot.co.nz). Ours in NZ are a bit behind you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing. Are you going to publish a review of DM? I'm awaiting mine for xmas, should it turn up from Amazon in time for my good lady to wrap

    ReplyDelete