Thursday 3 July 2014

M26 Pershings Unboxed


Whilst at Battlefront UK on Wednesday (collecting my Arnhem Manor House) I picked up two boxes of the new plastic M26 Pershings, so I can have a full platoon of 5, and a T26E4 Super Pershing.




The contents of the box, 3 hull sprues, 3 track sprue, a tank commander sprue and some decals. Magnets would have been great, but there is a pin you can attach to mount the turret

The hull sprue - the detail is very crisp, and the parts were very easy to separate from the frame

 

The tracks - having assembled the Panzer IV J tracks, I was worried it would be hard work getting these off, but it was very easy, and no marks on the tracks afterwards




First hull assembled

This MG is *tiny* and I nearly lost it taking it off the sprue

This one is going to be my Super Pershing, so has extra armour on the front. The tracks are keyed to the body, so only fit one way.

The completed Super Pershing turret

And the completed vehicle

I followed the instructions on the Flames of War website, and it took me about 15 minutes to assemble this one, but the rest should be quicker

Ready to go get a paint job

No comments:

Post a Comment