Saturday 31 May 2014

Dunkelgelb? Or Dunkelgelb? Or Maybe Dunkelgelb?

Having recently purchased some Bolt Action Dunkelgelb spray paint, I came to the realisation that not all spray paint is created equal.

This Panther is base coated with Battlefront German Armour Spray (now unavailable)

This Jagdpanther is base coated with Plastic Soldier Company Dunkelgelb spray

And this Jagdtiger is base coated with Bolt Action Dunkelgelb spray from Warlord Games

And here is my problem, this is all three of them side by side. They go from yellow, to yellow/green to beige

I am aiming for a colour approximate to Vallejo 882 Middlestone, which is probably somewhere between the first two. And I understand there is much debate as to the actual colour 'Dunkelgelb' is supposed to be, but I am just looking to try and make models on the tabletop look like they are from the same army. With that in mind, I have obtained more of the PSC Dunkelgelb, and given the Jagdtigers another coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment